Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Winter Hair

So whether we like it or not winter has arrived...ugh...
We all know how hair changes with the seasons so I thought I would give you some tips to make it through the long winter.
Usually women like to go a shade darker for fall and winter. Often they run into the problem of having "flat" hair. To get a little volume back in your life highlights do the trick! They don't have to be super blond but you can do some warm honey colored ones to add a little dimension and also give you that extra boost.

We all know what its like to have static in our hair once the air goes dry here are some items that I can't live without when that time of the year rolls around. First we all want to hairspray our hair when this happens, don't. It is because the air is so dry and our hair lacks moisture. All you need is a small pinch of serum (whether its for straightening, anti frizz or shine) this will do the trick. I love the Aquage brand and sell it at 541 Salon.
Also this is when you may want to switch to moisturizing shampoo (for all those who color their hair make sure its color protecting shampoo). Lastly if all else fails and your hair just doesn't want to cooperate .......dryer sheets. Weird I know but hey whatever works! They also take the static out of clothing and some say keep mosquitos away....
So those are my quick and easy tips for fighting the winter hair!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had all those dilemmas so I can try your tricks out! Miss you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little off subject but In eed help!Ugh!! I need help with Breakage!! :( I even toned down to lowlights...and my hair breaks so bad.. I have been switching conditioner and shampoo every other week.. cant find one that works....and to make things worse my water is really hard...boo---suggestions?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot mess, I love it! haha! Eek breakage is a beast! So I have a feeling its because your hair is over processed so that is good you are going to lowlights. Make sure when you are getting your highlights your stylist isn't pulling the already very blond ends through with the bleach! Thats big! Also start doing some deep conditioning treatments. There is product out called It's A 10 and it comes in a mask and this is great! Your stylist should be able to get it. Put it in your hair and put a shower cap on and leave it on for 20 minutes or so. Also take it easy with the flat iron this could be causing the breakage too. Hope some of this helped!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! A 10---on it! I will ask my stylist!! Looking forward to your blog lady!! xo!

    ReplyDelete